Welcome to episode 33 of the Sexology Podcast, my guest today is Dr. Elizabeth Bonet who speaks to me about sexual jealousy, the impact mistrust can have on a relationship and the differences between men and women when it comes to feeling jealous.
Shortly after earning her PhD in 1998, Dr. Bonet left the field of psychology to pursue a technical career. She worked in tech for many years doing project management and launching the first website to do online trading of international securities. She then left that field to be a stay at home mom and entrepreneur, growing her prenatal yoga business into an award winning company.
She has been a yoga teacher for over 15 years and was the founder of the award winning Yogafairy Prenatal Yoga. She won The 2014 Top 100 Leading Moms in Business award, grew an international community of mothers, and ran the company for close to 15 years before selling the company in May of 2016 to focus on her private practice.
Dr. Bonet returned to the field of psychology in 2008. She opened her own private practice located in the Ft. Lauderdale/Broward County area in Hollywood, Florida in 2010. As a certified Hypnotherapist with a PhD in Clinical Psychology, Dr. Bonet helps people feel more emotionally stable, happier and more connected to their partner, friends, and loved ones of their choosing. Specialties are hypnosis for anxiety reduction and chronic conditions, couples counseling (Gottman Level 1 certified) and Perinatal MoodDisorders (PSI certified).
Dr. Bonet also recently launched her podcast, Hypnotize Me, in December 2016 which has over 20,000 downloads and is listened to in over 70 countries. Hypnotize Me is about hypnosis, transformation, and healing.
In this episode, you will hear:
- How sexual jealousy is natural
- The evolutionary purpose of sexual jealousy
- How jealousy can manifest itself in relationships
- The way jealousy affects polyamorous and monogamous relationships differently
- The impact mistrust can have on a relationship
- Why jealousy and competitiveness can be similar but are distinctly different
- The differences between men and women when it comes to feeling jealous
- Is it possibly to get rid of these feelings of jealousy?
- How hypnosis can be used around this issue
- Being comfortable with yourself and your own feelings