Welcome to episode 38 of the Sexology Podcast, my guest today is Dr. Piper Grant. Dr. Grant is a Licensed Clinical Psychologist, sex therapist, Certified Sex Addiction Therapist and founder of Numi Psychology. In this episode, we talked about the common emotions women may experience after discovering sexual betrayal and steps they can take when starting their journey of recovery.
Dr. Grant has extensive experience working with couples and individuals in healing ruptures within their relationship, overcoming sexual dysfunction, deepening their intimacy, and (re)building a strong foundation within their relationship. She specializes in working with individuals and couples on issues related to sex, intimacy, and trauma.
Although based in Los Angeles, California, Dr. Piper seeks to reach individuals and couples internationally in recovery from sex addiction and healing from sexual betrayal by hosting retreats in Bali for women who have experienced sexual betrayal and couples in recovery from sex addiction. These are the only retreats hosted in Bali that are tailored to help couples and individuals on issues related to sexual betrayal and hosted by a Psychologist and CSAT.
In this episode, you will hear:
- The common emotions women may experience after discovering sexual betrayal
- How a woman’s self-image can be damaged
- Recommendations for getting in touch with your feminine intuitive self
- The challenges of the grieving process
- Libido changes that can occur following sexual betrayal
- The repeating cycle that can happen through multiple relationships
- Steps you can take when starting your journey of recovery