On this episode of the Sexology podcast we will be talking about everything related to sex and the military. We’ll look at two specific aspects of this. We’ll talk about individuals who are experiencing sexual abuse and trauma in the military and then we will also talk about the experience to coming back to families once exposed to combat and trauma.
The guest today is Timothy Wienecke. He joins us to discuss his experience related to the military, sexual abuse and trauma as well as getting back to intimacy and pleasure in your civilian life.
Vulnerability is at the heart of intimacy. You can’t be truly vulnerable, connected or intimate with someone you are trying to control. A strong power dynamic exists in military life. Victims in the military tend to have an extremely hard time coming forward due to the structure and tightknit team that exists in the military.
- The masculine identity and how it’s tied into military service
- Distinction between masculinity and toxic masculinity
- Trauma vs sexual violence
- Sexual abuse in the military
- Male and female experience when it comes to sexual abuse and trauma in the military
- The awareness females have relating to the violence of men
- The millennial generation of men
- Why are men hurting women and what is it costing men to do this?
- Being a fully connected human being
- How combat trauma impacts couples and intimacy
- Taking on the burden of combat
- Negative numbing and avoidance strategies related to trauma
- How to create space for veterans to share their experience
- The complicated experience of combat
About Dr. Nazanin Moali
Dr. Nazanin Moali is a clinical psychologist, sex expert, sexologist and sex therapist in the Los Angeles area. Dr. Moali has helped couples and individuals overcome sexual concerns, including pornography addiction. Dr. Moali hosts confidential consultation sessions for clients and potential clients in her Torrance and Hermosa Beach offices. You can also book a session with her online, via a secure video-counseling platform.
About Timothy Wienecke
Timothy served in the air force and played a big role in different advocacy programs. He is a counselor and works with a variety of individuals including veterans. He has developed programs for firefighters and has received various accolades for his programs and contributions. Timothy recently launched a podcast where he tells his story and shares the stories of others.
For More Information
For more information and resources, visit the website at sexologypodcast.com
To join the conversation on social media, use the hashtag #sexologypodcast.
You can find us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
If you have questions or inquiries, email us at email@example.com
If you’re interested in working with Dr. Nazanin Moali, you can find out more about her services here.