Whose job is it to address jealousy in a relationship?
Jealousy is a universal topic. Just about everyone experiences it in some way, but it’s so nuanced and multi-faceted that each situation is unique. One thing, however, is constant: experiencing and addressing jealous is extremely vulnerable by nature.
In this episode, I talk with Dr. Ari Tuckman about the complexities of jealousy, and how it’s impacting relationships around the globe. He shares insights into why people experience jealousy, how the experience differs from relationship to relationship, and how to ultimately address it. As we dive a little deeper into the conversation, Dr. Ari Tucker and I talk about who is responsible for addressing the jealousy upfront, and how to reduce vulnerability in the process.
Take a listen to learn some healthy strategies to address jealousy in a way that eventually leads back to intimacy.
Some Questions I Ask:
- Whose job is it to talk about and address jealousy? ([5:47])
- What can couples do to have a productive conversation that addresses jealousy? ([16:52])
- How can someone reduce their vulnerability to experiencing jealousy? ([30:26])
- Tell us about the book you have coming out. ([39:46])
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- Why jealousy oftentimes presents itself as anger. ([8:19])
- Questions to ask yourself and your partner to get to the root of emotional responses to jealousy. ([9:54])
- How feelings of uncertainty and insecurity feed jealousy. ([14:15])
- How to take a partner’s feelings into considerations without becoming resentful. ([23:19])
- How to engage in healthy reflection when feeling hurt or betrayed by a partner. ([27:37])
- Why some people use jealousy to evoke intimacy. ([36:00])
About Dr. Nazanin Moali
Dr. Nazanin Moali is a clinical psychologist, sex expert, sexologist and sex therapist in the Los Angeles area. Dr. Moali has helped couples and individuals overcome sexual concerns, including pornography addiction. Dr. Moali hosts confidential consultation sessions for clients and potential clients in her Torrance and Hermosa Beach offices. You can also book a session with her online, via a secure video-counseling platform.
About Dr. Ari Tuckman
Dr. Ari Tuckman is a psychologist and certified sex therapist based in Westchester, Pennsylvania. He also specializes in diagnosing and treating ADHD and recently finished his fourth book based on research he completed about relationship and sexual satisfaction of couples where one partner has ADHD.
Connect with Dr. Ari Tuckman
For more information and resources, visit the website at sexologypodcast.com
To join the conversation on social media, use the hashtag #sexologypodcast.
You can find us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
If you have questions or inquiries, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to get the 101 Ways to Keep Your Relationship Hot checklist.
If you’re interested in working with Dr. Nazanin Moali, you can find out more about her services here.