Welcome to episode 34 of the Sexology Podcast, my guest today is Dr. Janet Brito who speaks to me about mind body approach to holistic sexual wellness; what it is and how it can be used, the benefits of tapping into mindfulness and how a healthy and balanced diet can help with sexual health.
Janet Brito is a licensed clinical psychologist, and licensed clinical social worker in Hawaii. She is an AASECT certified sex therapist and a Graduate of the Fellowship Program in Human Sexuality at the University of Minnesota Medical School, one of only a few university programs in the world dedicated to sexuality training.
Currently, she is the founder of the Center for Sexual and Reproductive Health where she specializes in the areas of relationship and sex therapy, gender and sexual identity concerns, out of control sexual behaviour, non-traditional relationships, holistic sexual health approaches, and infertility.
In this episode, you will hear:
- Mind body approach; what it is and how it can be used
- The research that has been conducted into the efficacy of holistic medicine
- The benefits of tapping into mindfulness to help with this issue
- Societal messages people receive that can lead to shame
- The narrative of our story and how that can lead to sexual challenges
- Being the author of your own story and owning it
- Ways in which alternative medicine practices can help increase sexual activity and intimacy
- How a healthy and balanced diet can help with sexual health