Welcome to episode 40 of the Sexology Podcast, my guest today is Gigi Engle! In this episode, Gigi helps us explore sexual fantasies and discusses why some sexual fantasies are common, and whether they should stay as fantasies or manifest into a reality!
Gigi Engle is a writer and sex educator. She was the head sex and dating writer for Elite Daily and Thrillist Media Group before launching a career in freelance writing and sex education. She’s written and reported for a variety of magazines and websites including Cosmopolitan, Elle, Teen Vogue, Marie Claire, Glamour, Brides and many more.
Gigi teaches classes and workshops focused on sex ed basics like Vibrator 101 to Buttplugs for Beginners to feminist topics like Vulva Confidence and The Orgasm Gap. She is currently working on her first book, a feminist sex guidebook, with St. Martin’s Press, an imprint of MacMillen.
In this episode, you will hear:
- Where our sexual fantasies come from
- How you can learn more about your sexual template from fantasies
- Rape fantasies: why people have them
- Recommendations on what to share or not share with your partner when it comes to fantasies
- Why just because you have a fantasy, doesn’t mean you want it to happen
- Having good communication with your partner to avoid shame
- Making compromises with your partner for sexual fantasies
- How the media and pornography can form some of our fantasies
For more great content please check out http://www.sexologypodcast.com