Welcome to episode 42 of the Sexology Podcast, my guest today is Dr. Anita Johnson. In this episode, Dr. Anita Johnson shares with us how to heal your relationship with your body, reconnect with your sexuality and reclaim the power of feminine energy.
Anita Johnston, Ph.D., is a Depth Psychologist and author of Eating in the Light of the Moon, which has been published in six languages. She is the co-creator of the online course, Light of the Moon Café which is an interactive “workbook” and women’s support circle for Eating in the Light of the Moon, and she is the author of a book chapters and other professional journal articles.
She has been working in the field of women’s issues and disordered eating for over 35 years and is currently the Clinical Director of ‘Ai Pono Hawaii which has outpatient eating disorder programs in Honolulu, the Big Island of Hawaii, and a residential treatment program in Maui.
Dr. Johnston provides individual consultations online, and conducts Soul Hunger workshops and professional trainings around the world, using metaphor and storytelling, along with her training as a clinical psychologist, to address the complex issues that underlie struggles with eating, weight, and body image.
In this episode, you will hear:
- Why women today are dissatisfied with their image
- How feminine energy is connected to the earth
- Understanding your intuition and instinct
- The resonation people feel with her book “Eating In The Light Of The Moon”
- How food habits are linked to sexual desires and behaviours
- The power of feminine energy and the need to understand it better
- The need to have better support networks around ourselves