Welcome to episode 37 of the Sexology Podcast, my guest today is Dr. Six who speaks to me about sexual performance anxiety, the different ways it manifests between men and women and knowing when it’s time to seek professional help with this issue.
Dr. Six has 25 years as a practicing Clinical Sexologist, and is a successful sex therapist who has helped thousands of people find their authentic selves and enjoy a more fulfilling relationship. Her approach is unique, and her style is warmly engaging, putting her clients and workshop attendees at ease. Her credentials include an M.A. in Counseling Psychology and a PhD in Clinical Sexology and she’s a Board Certified Clinical Sexologist by the American Board of Sexology. She’s also a professor at USF where she teaches graduate students about Sexology. Her book, Erotic Integrity: How to be True to Yourself Sexually was published last year by She Writes Press.
In Erotic Integrity, Dr. Claudia Six leads readers through ten sexual themes including garden-variety performance anxiety, sexual boredom, newly dating, coming out, and more and reveals three simple steps to a more rewarding sex life: knowing who you truly are as a sexual being, embracing that knowledge, and living it authentically.
In this episode, you will hear:
- How you define sexual performance anxiety
- The different ways it manifests between men and women
- How it can take women longer to get turned on
- The feelings of being broken or defective that can occur through this issue
- The impact pornography can have on bad education around sex
- Having open communication in your relationship to deal with sexual performance anxiety
- How the win or lose mentality can affect men
- Knowing when it’s time to seek professional help with this issue
Dr. Moali offers limited time reduced fee sex therapy treatment in Hermosa Beach or Torrance locations. Contact Dr. Moali(833) 376-6254 today to schedule an appointment or book a free 15 min consultation.
Ted Talk – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIxRPWHFWIM